Catching up - WS wipers and panel glue

Well, I just caught up with over 40 days of digest - not an easy task!

Just a bit of personal information.  In February, I was notified that I,
along with 169 other folks, had our jobs eliminated.  Now at 56, I am
retired!!  Had 34 years with the company and the 401K had built up a bit,
so will be able to survive without taking a full time job.  Now have lots
of time to work on the binder projects - ha!

In going through the digests I noticed a couple of items that didn't seem
to be answered.

Someone asked about converting windshield wipers to electric.  An
absolutely fabulous way is to get an after-market unit from Specialty Power
Windows (www.specialtypowerwindows.com).  They are a bit pricy $299 for the
intermittent unit.  They will adapt to any vehicle and work great (put a
set in my '56 chevy several years ago and they still work great).
Installation is pretty darn easy since it uses a cable system (don't turn
up your nose - this is a very heavy cable in a tube and it does a push/pull
action - a Lucas system used in many older British Cars).  I tried to adapt
an old Lucas system and gave up.  Because of the cable/tube, the motor
assembly can be mounted more conveniently.  Would guess that the kit can be
installed in less than a day if you can get into the dash area reasonably
easy.

Another person asked about glue to attach rust repair panels.  I have been
studying this subject as I think about building my next motorhome (assuming
I get this one done).  There is a super system called Sikaflex.  It has
been taking over the bus and trailer manufacturing industry in place of
rivets.  Am told that it is widely used and works well.  The only drawback
I can see for the Scout panels is that it is designed to allow some flexing
of the two components.  If you tried to cover the joint with bondo, it
would probably crack.  I would think that it would work great for
installing new floor boards and interior panels.  Two sites are:
http://www.menco.com/SikaIndustry.htm  and
http://industry.sika.com/html/trans/BusTruck/Index.htm.  The first one is a
vendor, and the second has some technical information.

Tom M:  at one point, you were starting down the "big truck" route, and I
thought that you might be thinking about cloning my toy.  Guess the
Travelall will do until your "bigger is better" thought processes kicks in.

Sorry for the long post.

Jim Shepherd
1986 S1900 being converted to a motorhome
1959 BC150 waiting for help
(Both are shown at: http://www.oldihc.org/ourtrucks.htm)