Re: Turbines

Greg,

There've been lots of these combined cycle powereplants.  They work.
Usually the capital cost and maintenance can't be justified.  Think what
you could achieve with a recip steam which condensed in the cylinder.  The
earilest steam engines worked this way, 1700's or so.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776