Sputtering 800

Hey guys,

I've got an 800, 392 with a 600 cfm Carter carb. Today when driving home it
was sputtering almost like it was vapor locking when I turned hard to the
right. As soon as I staightened out it would clear up and run fine. Every
once in a while it would also do it when turning left, but not as bad. The
engine temp was only 160 when all this was happening so vapor lock isn't the
problem.

I plan on pulling the top off of the carb and check the float levels and
condition as soon as it stops raining, but was wondering if you all might
have some other ideas as to what the cause might be.

Mike Meyer