Re: IH disease

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris and Ranae Procyk <procyk19@domain.elided>
To: lublin@domain.elided <lublin@domain.elided>; ihc_submit <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Date: Thursday, April 29, 1999 5:10 AM
Subject: IH disease

>>...I no longer own an IH..
>
>I give him 3 months 'till he gets the withdrawal shakes, and if he's
married
>AND has kids he might hold out for, oh, a year and half at most.
Otherwise,
>he'll be back on the list by Labor Day with some poor old 'binder that
>should have been left to die in peace ;>
>

>In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
>Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
>Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA

I don't know.  I was on ICQ with Chris last night, and he seems pretty well
gone.  He has always been a Dodge guy, and last night he was jumping all
over the place about how Dodge was much better than IH.  I think he has
returned to "home" for him, and that is fine.  I am a huge fan of the old
Dodge trucks as well, and feel they are right there with IH on sturdiness,
as well as being "behind the times" compared to the "big three" which is far
and away one of my favorite things about both.  No problems figuring out
what that problem is-no computer chips to deal with.
Anyway, if Chris wants to devote himself to the old Dodges, I see no problem
with that-I told him last night that I was not trying to pick a fight, just
explaining where I had gotten my info/opinions.  He informed me that his '70
Dodge PU was much sturdier than his '74 IH PU that he was selling, and that
Dodges were by far the best hands down.  He is more than entitled to that
opinion.
I think that if he were into serious off-roading, or was a pop-top fan and
had gotten into Scouts, he could not argue anything vs. IH, but he is a PU
fan, and he likes Dodge best.  I don't hink he'll be back this way soon!

And though I don't see myself renouncing IH anytime soon, I would jump all
over a '61-'71 crewcab 4X4 Powerwagon if I found one!  Up to '71 I have a
lot of respect for their sturdiness/reliability as well.

Michael