RE: freeze plugs

>Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 07:46:55 -0700
>om: "amy lawson" <ajlawson@domain.elided>
>Subject: freeze plugs

>does any one know the sizes and or NAPA part numbers for freeze plugs
for a
>392, i would like to replace all of them but i need to replace the one
in
>the front of the block first since it is leaking bad
>Thanks
>Ekelmann

The plugs in the block are 1 5/8".  I think the part # from NAPA is
8041(I purchased plugs from different locations, but I think these were
from NAPA).  The plugs for the heads are 1 3/8", and much harder to find.
 NAPA does carry them, you just need to find someone willing to look for
them.  The NAPA brass plugs are much thicker/better quality than plugs I
found at other auto part stores (Auto Zone).

Mike Ryan
1977 Scout II, ported 345, automatic, Dana 300, 3.54 gears,
4" superlift springs, 1.25" body lift, 33 X 12.5 Swamper TSL Radials

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]