More troubleshooting

IH all,
  Need some more troubleshooting advice.
  First:vehicle='73 Scout 304 manual; owner=novice
wrench; problem=sounds like a miss.

  Truck starts like a champ since cleaning out the
carb and adjusting the float level. BUT...it still
hesitates and generally sounds like it's missing. I
have checked the points (that's where my 'noviceness'
shows most); put on a new cap and rotor; and pulled
each plug wire while the truck was runing, when I did
this I could tell a very slight difference in the
idle, I would then move the boot closer to the plug
and listen for a difference, all of them checked out
ok.

What do I check next?
TIA,

===