carb? or points?

  Since pulling the intake mainifold off to fix the
tappet cover gasket my Scout (304) has run ragged. It
sounds like it is missing.
  I have replaced the cap and rotor, checked the point
gap, re-timed, pulled the top of the carb and adjusted
the float level, adjusted the idle a/f, and checked
continuity on all the plug wires.
  My plan next is to pull all the spark plug wires
individually (anybody know a good way to do this, and
NOT end up with a numb hand?)to see if all the
cylinders are firing.
  The missing manifests most noticably when
accelerating off the line, the truck has a three speed
which has a really tall first gear so I have to rev
pretty high to keep from stalling. I can hear the
'miss' if I raise the rpm's in the driveway as well.
  Does this sound like spark or more like a fuel
problem?
TIA,

===
Russ D.