Re: Serial Numbers

On Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:19:40 -0700 Al Evitts <albert@domain.elided>
writes:
>Guys:  I hhave 72 Scout11 with SN:  A12860G506831.  Nowhere in my
>reference books do I have an explanation for the Nrs.  anybody know
>what
>they mean?   TIA

Not a lot of secrets in those type VINs.  The A12860 was a model code for
the Scout.  There were probably separate ones for the Cab Top and
Traveltop models, possibly separate ones for 4x2 and 4x4.  If you had
them all laid out, there'd be some patterns, but I don't have them here.
I don't think these contained any engine info or other good stuff.

The G indicates it was built at the Fort Wayne plant as all Scouts were
(other than a relatively few at Chatham before 1968 for Canadian sales).

506831 is a serial number that began at 165000 in 1965 and counted up
with all models at Fort Wayne intermixed in the numbers.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]