Front springs which is the front?

I have some 2" lift springs that I may use in a spring over and I have a 2
part question for the wizards out there.

1) The spring eyes are different 1 is centered on the spring and the other
the spring rolls over the top of it. Which end is the front ??

2) If I do a reverse shackle on my Scout will the spring also need to be
turned around, since the solid mount for the spring will be on the other end??

Thanks
Tom Martin