non-digester needs help

   I got this a little while ago, he has a big job ahead of him. I
encouraged him to join the digest, I don't know if he will.

reprice@domain.elided (Robert E. Price)
Hi:
       I got your name from Eric Olson here in Atlanta last
night, and as soon as I figure how I will post some of this.
Eric tells me you may have some advice for me. My 18 year old son is
going to college near Asheville, NC in the fall and we are redoing his
62 Scout 80, excellent body. I bought a low mileage 79 Scout II, rust
bucket 304 engine, in Pa and hauled it home. Finally decided the easiest
way to do what we wanted what to put the 80 body on the Scout frame,
engine and drive train. If I can get him out of bed we should have both
bodies off by the weekend.
      Concerns: Matching 80 body up to SII frame. Fit of
engine, etc.
(forgot to mention the 80 had a factory line custom fit, for a worker,
with a six, and fire wall is moved back into the cab 10-12", so there is
plenty of room). Think the S II electrical will work, but will have to
update battery etc to 12 volt. Do not even know enough to know what else
to be concerned about, but we are having a good time and learning as we
go.
Thanks for listening.
Bob Price

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

Good, getting a new heart.
Bad, growing UP.
Ugly, about to under go complete reconstructive surgery.

http://www.triplediamond.org