Re: ihc-digest V6 #758

Joe,

    I dug out the part numbers that I used for the carb rebuild. The components I
bought were Borg Warner; Carb kit # 10634C and replacement floats # CF252B. I
recall that the kit was around $30 and the floats were $6 each. The BW "book"
lists the float as a single but there are definitely two of them. The part number
for the float is for the brass replacement. The originals in the carb are a
thermoplastic that works but over time absorbs fuel and deposits and looses
bouyancy. I don't know the plastic float # as the brass ones were recomended.
Check all of the other possibilities first, but the rebuild isn't brain surgery.
Get lots of carb cleaner (Berkebile 2+2) sorry it's a local company had to plug
them besides Dan's right it does work better than any of the other generics, just
don't ask what's in it. Clean everything and use the IH manual as well as the
diagram that comes in the kit. Don't expect to see detailed rebuild procedures in
the box, it's a large very detailed set of diagrams. The process is in the maint
manual couple that with the much better pics on the diagrams and you've got a good
lead and lots of info.