Re: 2210

Well I have determined that I had some sort of Furd Motorcrap 2100
series carb on there. It was nearly impossible to set the mixture on the
left side 'cause the thermostat housing made it impossible to reach the
screw. I tried the flexible screwdriver, the offset ratchet screwdriver.
I could make it work with a sawed-off stubby but just barely and kept
burning my hands. I went and picked up a rebuilt Holley 2210 for $116
last night and just picked up some bolts for it today. I am going to
sneak home at lunch and get it installed. I guess I need to move the
tach out of the way of my previously unused choke knob.

One question. The Ford 2100 had some sort of machined alluminum spacer
(about 3/4") under it. I assume it's only purpose was to move the carb
up so as the linkages were able to work. I am assuming that I mount the
Holley 2210 directly to the manifold and lose this spacer.

I will let you know how it works.

Peace,
Eric

--
Eric Hegstrom                          .~.
Senior Software Engineer               /V\