44 front axles

I was all excited when I read that the 44 front axle could be identified by
having one of the u-bolts go around the edge of the pumpkin.  My 67-800 is
that way, but on closer inspection, the pumpkin has "27A" embossed on the
top of the pumpkin.  In the same location on the back axle, there is "44-1"
embossed.  The axle tubing is also smaller on the front axle, 2 1/2 inches
versus 2 3/4 on the back axle. So I guess its got a 27 front and 44 rear.

David Willmon
Voice 409/875-3140  Fax 409/8875-3100
dwillmo@domain.elided