Re: Valve Spring inserts

Eldon,
   O.K. then I'm completely confused now. If IH engines don't have
hardened seats why aren't we burning out more valves due to no lead in
our gas? I know my dad has been playing with Ford Falcons and they have
to have lead additive to the fuel because without it you would be
burning valves and seats in 30,000 miles.
   I'm sure the real answer would be because IH engines are so well made
and the high nickle content and all that, but; what is the normal real
answer?

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

Good, getting a new heart.
Bad, growing UP.
Ugly, about to under go complete reconstructive surgery.

http://www.triplediamond.org