RE: Here's what's going on w/my Scout/Help in the Bay Area?

>My travelall died on the highway about 60 miles from home a few months back.
>Rather than pay > $100 to tow it, I took it to a mechanic recommended to me
>by a mechanic I respect.  This fellow traced the intermittent problem down
>to a loose/corroded bulkhead connection.  He was able to drive it until the
>problem occured (within 10 minutes of starting), use his voltimeter to find
>the problem, remove the plugs, and replaced the plugs all within 1 hour.  I
>owed the guy $47!  He had very little experience with IH, but he walked on
>water!

While we are on this thread:---------

A really common source of hard to track down intermittent shut-downs that I
have seen, not just with Binders, but with anything old, is vibration
cracks in the fuel suction line INSIDE the gas tank. Also watch out for the
flex connector from the fuel tank to the frame mounted fuel line.
FURTHER--watch out for rubber fuel hoses anywhere on the suction side of
the fuel pump-- these sometimes develop internal failure, invisible from
the outside, in which the inner layer of rubber sometimes get sucked closed
and shuts off fuel flow.

This last one can REALLY make you think a diesel is terminally SICK!!

Regards, Greg