Re: Selling my Traveler

Farmer wrote:
>   I think the typical salary for a senior
> C++ developer in San Francisco is about $75,000, with starting probably
> around $40,000.

Well I don't know about San Francisco, but when I worked in the Valley
(Cupertino and Redwood City) about 4 years ago it was not that unusual
for a C programmer with 5 years experience to make $50/hr + as a
contractor (I knew guys who could pull in $35/hr testing video games -
sheeez). The folks I talk to now make considerable more due to the great
low unemployment rate, but then again dropping a grand and a half a
month on shoebox size place in the city as well as paying the fascist
governement of California their share really cuts into the dough pretty
quickly. And if you want to buy a house your spouse better be making as
much and forget having kids - or put them to work at an early age.

-Eric

--
Eric Hegstrom                          .~.
Senior Software Engineer               /V\