Re: ihc-digest V6 #706

>Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 09:47:36 -0400
>From: Doug Rasmussen <DougRasmussen@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: new scout 800 owner

Bill,

I have that exact same setup, except for a 266 V8 in my '67 800.  It cruises comfortably at 70 and I *can* get it up to about 85 or 90 before it starts shaking, vibrating, and wanting to meet oncoming traffic and the ditch (bad steering, too much abuse)  I've got the Dana 44 with 3.73 gears in the back and the Dana 30 up front and 30" mud tires.  I do have the T-90 three speed (which I like), and 3rd gear is a direct drive, just like 4th gear on your four-speed.  It can easily go up any type of grade at 70, well any type of grade here in Illinois, that is :).

Later,
Gary