Re: Winching backwards

On, I think, off-road.com there is a guy in England with a land cruiser
with the winch mounted in the rear with the cable attached to the rear
bumper, but also spooled forward in a double line to a pulley. So, the
front has a clevis pin with a pulley that the line runs through. If he
needs to winch backwards then he un-attaches the hook on the rear pumper
and spools straight out. If he needs to winch forward he pulles the
clevis pin and spools the double line and pulley forward to whatever his
attachment point is. I thought the set-up was WAY cool. I don't remember
exactly where it was, but; I'm pretty sure it was off-road.com

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

1 Scout II 1979 named Good
1 Scout II 1971 named Bad
1 Scout II 1979 named Ugly
I'm looking for an Automatic Tranny that will not take on water!

http://www.triplediamond.org