distributor

Hi,
Recently I had the 196 in my '66 800 rebuilt.  The problem is that I
cannot get the timing correct.  It is set at 5 degrees and I need to
rotate the distributor another few degrees counterclockwise.  The
problem is that the housing of the distributor is already pressed up
against the engine block.  It was fine prior to the rebuild.  Any idea
how to fix this situation?

Thanks in advance,
Jon

PS  Does anyone know the wheel base dimensions of a mid 60's ('67)2 WD
pickup? - heavy duty rear and "I" beam front end.