Re: Help front axle seals

In Linda Tripp's secret telephone recording, Monica and John Fleck
<jlfleck@domain.elided> were heard saying...

>I have tried 3 different styles of front axle seals and no luck on them
>fitting. They seem 1/16th to 1/8 to big. I crpssreferenced the seal# and
>they keep coming up with the same one. I tried crossing the IH part number
>with no luck and finnaly tries one that was measured with a vernier caliper
>and was close to being the same size. Can anyone help me with a "good" part
>number. These are the ones I tried
>already:
>
>National: nat5131, nat473212, and nat40769s
>
>Now here is the IH part number I tried to cross:
> 434-660-c-1

John,

Did you try calling your local NAPA?  They usually have common IH part numbers
in their computer which can cross to standard seal numbers.  I can't offer any
help beyond that.  My IH parts manual shows the IH part number you mentioned
is for the carrier end seal for a Dana-44 axle.  Nothing special about it that
I can tell.  I can't help you with the cross-over though.

Good luck,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |