Re: Oh No, Wrong Engine

John,
   The 304 is a fine little engine. The 345-392 are fine as well, just
the larger engine is more toward towing power. You can get the same
useage out of the 304, though. You can get full rebuild kits from
Norther Auto Parts www.naparts.com for 529.95 + shipping. The notes say
except Scout, but that is because of the oil pump situation. When you
order the kit just have them drop the oil pump and then order a pump
rebuild kit from Navistar or any of the IH vendors.
   I would no have a problem dropping a 304 in one of my trucks, except
I loose my 4 barrel carb, there is no 4 barrel intake for a 304.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

1 Scout II 1979 named Good
1 Scout II 1971 named Bad
1 Scout II 1979 named Ugly
I'm looking for an Automatic Tranny that will not take on water!

http://www.triplediamond.org