Custom Steering

I'm $200 poorer.

TriCounty Gear (909-623-3373) has the goods.

Chevy right side knuckle - drilled n' tapped - $125
Steering arm for knuckle - $125
Hardware (studs) $20

$55 for the knuckle on exhange, so $200 plus s/h.

The custom arm has only ONE tie-rod/drag link fitting - it's the same as
a Big Cherokee or Grand Wagoneer.  I'm going to leave the tie-rod in the
stock location for now, and then call Gryphin for a drag-link - 3"
longer than stock with a big Jeep tie-rod end.

If I decide I want to go to an above-the-springs tie-rod, I'll need a
kit ($125) for the driver's side knuckle, plus a custom tie-rod and a
custom drag link - they use a tie rod across, with the drag link
attaching to the center (give or take) of the tie-rod.

For my off-road racer, I'm leaving the tie-rod as-is.. smacking rocks
should not be a big problem.. (I hope).. if it is, I'll spend the money
later..

Goods should be in my hands in about 2 weeks.  He'll have everything but
the hardware kit by Tuesday.. but since I have 8 weeks, I'm waiting for
the hardware kit..

Thanks Tony Sobrito!

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout