TJ Flares

Since I'm on a Jeep digest too, I've heard from many who have put TJ flares
on a YJ, YJ flares on a CJ, etc.  Always to fit beefier meats under the
fenders.  All of the Jeep flares have a lip that locates them on the opening
with the mounting holes on the part that fits flush against the outside of
the fender.  The serious off roaders just cut the fenders and body out of
the way and do away with the flares altogether.  But those are usually trail
only rigs.  The lip of the flare will protect the tires from the sharp edge
caused when the fender is cut.  Another option, if you have wider than stock
axles making the tires protrude outside of the fenders, are the Xenon flares
that are 2" to 3" wider than stock Jeep flares, but they're in the $225 -
$250 price range.

My CJ's stock flares would work just fine on a Scout...once you get past the
idea of cutting away some of the body.  The YJ and TJ flares are wider
(opening wise) than the CJ flares, which is why a good number of CJ owners
with 33's and larger have switched to YJ and TJ flares.  Plus it would
promote the reverse cannibalism that Jeepers do to Scouts.

Or digest members could start bombarding Bushwhacker with requests for Scout
flares........might work ala Kayline.

Jeff