Engine Change

Digesters:  I have a 72 Scout 2 with a 258 6cylinder and a 727 Trans.
The old motor is a little weak and I am trying to decide whether to
rebuild or change to some kind of a v/8.  Will a 318 MOPAR bolt up to
the 258 trans mission?  I have acces to a good 78 318 Dodge motor and
would consider the swap.. I have been told by some Jeep freaks that it
is a bolt up but am not sure.  Does any body know for sure?   TIA

Al