Re: IH 304 Valve Noise

Rik,
   Since you brought it up.  I was talking to Erick Foor thursday about
lifter clack in Good. When I had the valve covers and pan off I washed
the oil returns out and found them to be clean, so oil flow doesn't
appear to be the problem there. My lifter clatter comes and goes at
random, so some times it gets oil and some times it doesn't. Erick said
that he found on two seperate engines that the rear CAM bearing had
spun. He said that the rear cam bearing is where the upper end oil
pressure comes from. Does this make sence to anyone?

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided

1 Scout II 1979 named Good
1 Scout II 1971 named Bad
1 Scout II 1979 named Ugly
I'm looking for a Travelall to name For a Few Dollars More. (It has to
be free the dollars are to spend on it)

http://www.triplediamond.org