Overdrive

>The *real* challenge.. how do I (first acquire but then) setup a
>Travelette so it can tow my racer (and/or my '77.. get a double car
>flatbed) at 70mph with ease, climb mountains faster than 35mph, and get
>20mpg?

Tom:
  My previous neighbor had a 97 F250 Ext cab, with Powerstroke.  He pulled
his Camaro on a beefy (read: Heavy) car trailer he borrowed over Snoqualmie
pass, to Coure d'lene (sp?) Idaho.  Said he cruised, maintained at least 55
on the pass, and went 70+ the rest of the way.  And as I recall, his
economy
was still in the 20+ range.  He had the OD automatic.

  So, you just gotta drop in a new Powerstroke.  It will look perfect,
there is
a big sticker on the valve cover that says "International".

Or, consider a twin-turbo 392.  A friend that grew up in Idaho claims there
was
a guy in his town (Burley?) that had a twin turbo 345.  I wish he had a
photo...

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210
72 Travelette