Re: overdrive

>Digesters-
>    I have searched the web far and wide, and see no way to overdrive a
>dana 20.
>would it be worth it to drop the 20 for an 18 with an overdrive on it?
>Are they interchangable?
>does a dana 18 suck real bad? I have a feeling that a scout with a tall

Find a twin stick 20 and a early 18,then recase the 18 internals into the 20
case.Then you will be able to use the O/D.Yes the the drive shaft will be
off-set in the rear... no big deal.The 20 will bolt up to the auto tran or
the 4 Spds,and you will end up with better gearing than the original one
had.As to the 18 gears being weak,have never had a problem with mine yet and
i have done this swap with a 350 chev
and a T350 in front of the T-case.
And before anyone says this won't work notice i said twin stick 20,not the
single stick later model.
This is a real easy conversion and will hold up very well.
Dennis