Re: Plug Gap

Yank,
   When I first installed my Jacobs I gapped Ugly to .055. When I fried
my computer I just left the plugs that way for quite a while. I was
still running the Ultra ciol and Jacob's wires, but it ran great. It was
a little tough in the winter, getting it started, I had to use the choke
more often. When I pulled the plugs to regap them I decided to close the
gap a bit because of the cold start issue. I think I dropped to .040 or
so. The larger the gap you can run the better performance you can get.
Dr.Jacobs book on ignitions suggests changing the plug gaps in small
increments and plotting the performance of the engine. When you hit the
gap that is just to large, go back to the last gap. You will also see a
slight gas milage increase as you are burning more gas per stroke
because of the larger spark.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided
http://www.triplediamond.org