ignition problems

All,
        Where do I start trouble shooting when I dont have any spark?  I've
rewired the ignition with a Centech kit according to the diagrams in the
manual.  It's a 77 Scout II with "goldbox" electronic ignition and the Holly
2 barrel.  I've got good turnover at the starter, I think I have fuel at the
carb but nothing at the plugs.  I took off the plug wires when I tore it
down and forgot to note where the #1 wire was on the distributer cap.  There
is only one way to put the cap on and there is a 1 imprinted next to a
terminal...so that is where I started...is there anyother way to figure it
out?  Thanks for your help.

Matt