Re: Full Width

Daniel Nees wrote:
>    Depends on what street you want to be legal on. Tom M will have the
> exact answer to this question in a minute, but; here in Jersey you have
> to have flairs that cover the outer edge of whatever rubber you have on
> the truck. So, for me to add full size axles the extra 4" or so would
> make more work to cover them up.

I measured my Travelall rear axle at 6" wider than my Scout axle.

My 33x12.50s stick out about two inches on the rear of the racer thus
far.  On my '77, with stock axles, the same 33s already stick out up
front.

Read the state code on how legal it is.. I'm going to do what I can to
make sure my racer is street legal... but barely. <G>  I know I'll get
harassed by the cops (especially since I fully intend on flooring it
while "cruising" downtown.. from a dead stop.. in low range.. the
cops'll hear my engine road, the glass packs rumble, and then the 3
quick shifts out of the 727.. but when they fly up to me.. I'll be doing
25mph... so they'll be quick to get me on some minor details, I'm sure)

I have pics of what a Travelall axle under a Scout II looks like... hit
my website, and look at the "Racer" pages.. pics of the Racer with the
33s on it..

-Tom
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
Pics of the Racer and a few details: