CB stuff

IHers,

Now you've got me interested. If I put a 114" antenna and tune it
properly, (Some suggestions on how to tune would be nice) I should get
good send and receive range right?

An engineer friend who is an expert in this area (he is responsible for
communications with unmanned aircraft to 200 miles, more using
satellites) told me amplifiers are pointless as they only increase
transmit range not receive range.

He also said something about wavelengths and antenna lengths but I don't
remember what he said. Seems like bigger was better and have a big
ground plane. Then he said go read books to get the idea. What books
would you suggest?

Ken H