RE: finally the Gold box strikes....

Jim,

My '74 has been converted to a Delco HEI.  Cost me $150 for a modified
distributor, and I immediately noticed a minor performance improvement.
However, if I lived in Denver/Boulder/CA there is a chance I could fail a
visual inspection.

My '75 has the goldbox.  It went out about six months ago, and my wife
replaced it with a new one from Pep Boys (?) for just $40.  It's been
working fine ever since.

My '80 Scout has a goldbox from a '75.  It's just a matter of time.  Since
it is a diesel->gas conversion I have to go through *extremely* rigorous
inspections.  So, I'll be converting that to a pertronix ignition from a '79
that I acquired when I get to it.  I've got an MSD 6A on there as well.

I'd probably prefer the points distributor with a pertronix module myself.

Ken