Re: Leaf Spring paint

In Linda Tripp's secret telephone recording, Monica and "Allan & Kathryn
Weidenheimer" <allanw@domain.elided> were heard saying...

>What's a good paint to use on leaf springs?  Hammerite?
>Rustoleum? I got a new bushings and friction pads
>(between leaves) so I can put 1 ton springs on my 1210,
>but I want to paint them first.

Definitely not Hammerite.  It's not a very flexible paint and will crack when
the springs flex.

Try calling the Parker Paint headquarters in Tacoma and ask to speak with
someone like a Paint Engineer (not sure of the exact title).  Explain what
you're trying to do and see what they suggest.  It was one of those guys who
told me about Hammerite's properties and the fact that it's not the best
choice for applications where flex will be present (like a thin car body).

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)