Re: Exhaust Chirping Sound

John,

The chirp sure does sound like pinging, until you hear them together.  And
yes just reving the engine in the driveway will not cause it.  You have to
get some serious exhaust volume going.  35mph sounds about right.

Pinging is a function of mixture, timing, and how much carbon buildup
there is in the engine. And just some indeterminate factors about the
engine.  I'm hoping that with the EFI I can run regular gas.  I'd prefer
it cheaper, but with the timing retarded enough to run regular, it reallly
runs terrible.  Like a late '70s should.  I really hate that.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776