starters and water

How well is the solenoid sealed?  I would think that water entering there
is not going to do that big washer that switches the high current leads
any good in the corrosion department.  And if mud were to get in there,
that would surely bring on starter woes.  Is it as simple as some RTV
around the cap on the solenoid?

On another note, anyone in the Seattle area need a FMX Ford auto tranny?
"Worked when pulled", FREE, yes FREE.  I'm tired of tripping over it
in my garage.  I got it in exchange for some welding I did.  Fits a
351 Windsor (but I already sold that).  Otherwise, it is going to the
4x4 swap meet with a free tag on it this Sunday.

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup