Re: Worn ball joints

Tom,

I just went through this.  It you jump the vehicle and it bends upon
landing the top of the tires will be "in" and the bottoms will be "out".

My left front was wearing on the outside edge too, no other wear on any
timres.  So i measured the camber and the left front had 1.5 deg outward
camber at the top and the right had 3/4 deg camber.

The way to fix it is with the Moog camber shims which you can get through
any good auto parts. Lots of Dana 44's out there. These are rings which
are thicker on one side than the other.  They mount behind the spindle.
Easy to put in and mine have certainly fixed the problem.

Steve

Steven A. Stegmann
     _/_/_/    _/      _/_/_/ "No free man shall ever be debarred the use
   _/    _/   _/_/   _/    _/  of arms.  The strongest reason for the
   _/        _/ _/   _/        people to retain the right to keep and bear
    _/_/    _/  _/    _/_/     arms is, as a last resort, to protect
       _/  _/_/_//       _/    themselves against tyranny in government"
 _/_/_/  _/     _/ _/_/_/         Thomas Jefferson, June 1776