Re: closed loop for projection

The aliens commander decided "amy lawson" <ajlawson@domain.elided> would
make a perfect specimen for dissection, and he yelled...

>I am installing a closed loop kit on my fuel injection(holley)  and had a
>few questions,  were should the o2 sensor be located (how far from the
>manifold)  what wire do you ground to disable the sensor for open loop? I
>got my setup used and dont have instructions

As far as mounting the sensor goes, if it's not one of the more expensive
self heating sensors (likely), you'll want it as close to the exhaust
manifold as possible.  An ideal location is from just below the exhaust
flange, down to right past the first bend as the exhaust pipe turns towards
the rear.  The O2 sensor must be kept hot to function properly.  The
farther you mount it from the exhaust manifold, the longer it will take to
start working and the slower it will react once hot enough to function.  If
you simply have no room to install it close to the manifold, you'll need to
purchase the self heating style sensor, which can be mounted anywhere in
the exhaust.

Sorry, but I can't help you with the wiring as I'm not familiar with the
Holley system.

Regards,

John L.
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com      |
Conservative Libertarian        |  "The road to  tyranny, we must never
Life Member of the NRA          |   forget, begins with the destruction
WA Arms Collectors              |   of the truth."
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |                     William J. Clinton
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |    10-15-95, speech at the Univ. of CT