Re: Triangle lift kit

pharmer wrote:
>        b.  Were the front and rear springs switched?  Hmmm, I'm going out
> there
>            with a measuring tape this morning!

You'd know it if the front and rear springs were swapped... the rears
are MUCH longer than the fronts (and thus "softer").  FAIK, the front
springs are symmetrical, while my Skyjacker rear springs *do* have a
front and back.

> 4.  I didn't like the bouncy behavior.  But, much of that was caused by the
> stiff
>     KYB shocks in the back.  I went to Rancho 9000s, and was able to adjust
> and

Sounds like what I thought... my Heckethorn E8000s are probably
contributing to the bad ride my Scout exhibits.. RS9000s sound like a
good (& expensive) choice..

>     except that big undulations in the highway make it almost seem like you
>     a speedboat hitting the waves.  I think that this is more dependant on
>     spring rate of the springs, or something along those lines.  It's a
>     on the back after a few hours, but liveable.

Actually, it's dependent upon the wheelbase.  If you had a Traveler,
those *same* highway stretches at the same speed wouldn't be
noticeable.  You're hitting the "resonant" frequency of your Scout...
there are stretches of road that are just horrible to particular
wheelbases.

>     But, I think that I might actually have gotten some tire rub on the
> fender the

With my anti-sway bar off for the last two weeks, I've found it pretty
easy to twist the Scout up to make my 33s rub up front on the top of the
fender lip.  Now I'm looking at the very wavy fender I just took off my
racer, and thinking about... "How can I cut this so it looks good, and I
bring the fender lip up to the bottom of the inner fender" for more
clearance... and bigger tires, of course. ;-)

-Tom