Dropping a T98

The PO replaced the tranny, clutch etc. on my truck.  Unfortunately, it
sounds like they didn't replace either the pilot or throwout bearing-- at
idle, you hear an occasional "rap" from inside the bellhousing.

Sigh.  Well, here's the thing:  while I was laying under the truck
identifying the noise, I looked at the T98 tranny.  Unlike any manual in my
experience, it looked like all the mounting bolts were INSIDE the
bellhousing!!

Say it isn't so.  I guessed that the lower ones would be accessible if I
removed the inspection plate, but the upper ones?  Now I will say that I
tried to identify the upper ones by feel, so maybe I'm wrong about them.

Also let me know if this is in the shop manual anywhere.  I looked under the
tranny section, and it started right in on disassembly.  I looked in the
clutch section and it just said "be careful removing the tranny....".

In Use: 70 1210 4x4 TE, 73 1210 WM
Project (2nd time) 67 1000B PU
Parts: 67 1000B TA   68 1100 4x4 TA  72 1010 TA