Re: ihc-digest V6 #604

:------------------------------
:
:Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 12:38:43 +0100
:From: viix@domain.elided
:Subject: binder's money,just say no to the feds
:
:> Subject: Just say no to the Feds
:>
:> Well, if this doesn't about suck I don't know what does.
:>
:> I'm participating in an Internet campaign to stop a regulation which
would
:> require your bank to spy on you, and I'd like to invite you to join me
:
:john stricker,
:don't you know binders don't have bank accounts? ;^)
:
:
:> Thank you.
:>
:> John Stricker
:>
:> jstricke@domain.elided
:>
:> "I didn't spend all these years getting to the top of the food chain
:> just to become a vegetarian"
:
:
:why not find some way to tie in a ihc in your post, i didn't log on just
:to read about how you bank and what you eat.
:
:mike a
:p.s-please don't be offended, iam just ribbing you because of the lack
:of binder content.
:
:------------------------------

Yeah, yeah yeah Mike.  I know.

I was in a hurry this morning and just did a cut and paste because I was
short on time.  My apologies to those that didn't find it worth reading.
So, as penance, I'll try to answer a couple of questions.  And Mike, FYI,
binders DO have bank accounts, they're just always empty or overdrawn.  So
there.  :-P

An S-1854 is on the heavier side of IH's (sorry, but if it's an '90 it's
still IH not Navistar) medium duty line.  Engines were either MV404's or
MV446.  If it's a diesel, it's going to have (most likely) a DT466 if it has
an IHC engine.  Cummins or Detroit otherwise most likely.  I haven't seen
too many medium duty IH's powered by Cat, but there were a few with 3208's.
They can be almost any wheelbase depending on the application.
Transmissions will be either 5 speeds, Automatics, or Fullers.

As to the heat risers, and this is just my opinion, I think that the heated
air through the air cleaner thermostatically controlled butterfly does a far
better job in cold weather than the heat riser and you don't have the
disadvantage of a hot HOT exhaust passage running through your exhaust
manifold.  FWIW, I blocked mine off on the 392 (the passages to the intake)
and it warms up just fine.  NOTE: DO NOT BLOCK THEM OFF AND LEAVE THE HEAT
RISER IN PLACE.

Happy Trails

John "Mike's just jealous because he still has to eat his vegetables"