Re: Lift Springs/'64 T'all suspension questions

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999 MikeIIDC@domain.elided wrote:

> What kind of info does a company need to make springs for a vehicle?  I
> Also, what is an "add-a-leaf" spring and what is an "overload" spring?
> Advantages/disadvantages?
> In other words, what is the difference between a 1/2, a 3/4, and a 1
> ton?  Heavier axles and springs-perhaps a heavier tranny for some, but I
> don't think this would matter in  '64 T'all, would it?

OK... measurements.. probably want the spring *width*, and the length
eye-to-eye for starters.  I imagine something about the "arch" would be
needed, too.

Then they'd probably want to know front axle and rear axle weights (put
it on a scale at the local truck stop), your intended use, blah blah.

OverLoads are springs that are long and flat, and don't come into use
until you really load the truck down.

Add-a-leafs are arched leaves that you add to your current spring pack..
it raises the truck and makes the rid rougher.