A couple things

I'm going to re-wire my 727 to bypass the switch on the tranny.  I found the
back-up light switch and labeled it.  The middle one is suppose to be the
grounding so you can't start it except in neutral.  With the middle wire do
I attach it to a switch; one side grounded so when the switch is on it
grounds the ignition?  With the other wire what do I do with it?

About Dans mud problem:  I want to talk about what we can do to make sure
the same doesn't happen to me.
Rik