Scout 80 Hydraulic Clutch: the saga continues

Howdy Digesters,

Well, we may be getting to the end of this dilemma with our Scout 80 clutch.
For those who have missed the previous posts, the situation is this.
Did a rebuild on the T-90 three speed and replaced the clutch disk and
pressure plate at the same time. After everything was back together, the
clutch wouldn't disengage when the pedal was pushed in.
As I've explained, this was very suprising to me since every clutch I've ever
replaced (there have been at least a half dozen over the years) has worked
fine right out of the box.
Apparently, IH clutches (TT-10 type) have adjusting screws that allow the
clutch fingers on the PP to be set at different positions relative to the
housing. Evidently, the PP as shipped from the rebuilder had these set so the
fingers were farther forward (away from the transmission) than my original
was. This prevented the clutch fork from pushing the throw-out bearing far
enough to fully release the clutch.
One solution that was tried was to lengthen the slave cylinder rod that
attaches to the clutch fork by threading an acorn nut on the piston end of the
rod. This helped a little, but before I could get the truck on the road for a
shake-down, the rear spider gears broke and I had to get that fixed. Argh!
After the rear end was fixed, the clutch slave cylinder started leaking so I
was unable to get a full travel out of the cylinder on the clutch fingers. So
the clutch was not releasing fully again.
Well, after I found out about the adjustments on the PP fingers, I spent a
couple of hours over the weekend fiddling with that.  Now, I've got the
fingers adjusted out so there is no play between the throw-out and where the
clutch fork sits at rest. Theoretically, if I rebuild the slave cylinder (and
master cylinder for good measure) I should get a full, solid travel on the
slave/clutch fork/clutch fingers and a good release and engage on the clutch.
Thanks to several digest members, I've tracked down and ordered a clutch
master cylinder kit (it's from a 73 MGB!) and a slave cylinder kit. If all
goes according to plan (that'll be a first!) I should have this thing ship-
shape next weekend.
If you're getting tired of hearing about my problems with this clutch, imagine
how *I* feel!

Roy Ireland
'65 Scout 80
Tucson, AZ