Oh Great 'Binder In The Sky

Joe,
Well, now that you mention it, I asked about "cornbinder" since my
experience is that the corn is grabbed, cut, decobbed, shredded and
shot ...nothing about "binding".  Actually, we referred to the
machine as a "cornpicker" or a "combiner" ...but what do I know?

I love the "corn..." phrases.  I do not consider them derogatory, as
perhaps conventional usage implies.  I have gobs of kid memories
smelling freshly cut fields, messing about in the stubble, getting
filthy from the dust, itchy from the baled straw, riding the wagon.

Of course, now they get cancer from the sun ...kids won't work on
the farm ...won't work at all ...damn curmudgeon again, promised I
wouldn't hoe that road.
Mark