Re: '60's 1500 Series Truck Questions/VIN listed

John A. Landry wrote:

> I doubt a regular pickup bed would fit, but I really don't know.  But with
> enough ingenuity, metal, and a MIG welder, a guys like Tom Mandera or John
> Fleck could get just about anything to fit... sort of. <grin>

It had a normal-sized ( at least it looked normal, was not terribly LONG or WIDE)
utility bed on it

> Did you crawl underneath to look at the drive train?

No, it was raining too hard/water standing around.  There was still air in the
tires, so I could probably have bent down and seen the front axle, but the
mechanic that let me in the yard was stuck standing in the rain with me, so I was
kind of rushing myself so he could get inside.  I'm hoping the VIN will clue
someone in!

> Now you're confusing me.  You say it *has* a 345 or a 392, yet it's a straight
> six... that doesn't match.

Yeah, that was exactly my point.  If they were wrong about the engine, they could
also be wrong about the 4WD!

Thanks for your input, John.  I'll let you know what I find out about it.

Michael