RE: HELP!

Dan,

My suggestion is to remove the oil pan.  When you drain the oil, there's
still a substantial amount left in the pan, plus, if I remember correctly,
oil floats on water, so that bottom "layer" of oil could be mostly water.
Removal of the pan does not require lifting the engine off the motor mounts
or anything like that.  You might also want to pull the oil pump assembly,
but I'm not sure what's involved with doing that.  If you do, remember to
prime it (vaseline, for instance) before putting everything back together &
firing up the engine again.  Oil pan gasket is Fel-Pro P/N = OS 12481 R.

How'd that water get in there in the first place?  Mud & water in through
the carb *shouldn't* reach the oil pan.

Joe Costanzo
'79 Scout II