Re: Wilderness

Chris,
   The Pinelands is a Geographic area that is a combination of both
private and state owned parks. It is hard to understand without a map in
front of you. Basically, before the Pinelands was designated, farmers
were growing blue berries and cran berries there. Then, sometime around
the 50's the Pinelands were designated. There are about 5 state parks
and two fish and game parks, not including the private property.
   Most of what we wheel on are fire roads. These are maintaned by the
state for the obvious reason of, fighting fires! (also as fire breaks.)
We never leave the roads to just trounce around on the underbrush.
   The Pinelands consist of over 1 million+ acres of land. There are
miles of roads inthere as well. You could drive for hours without
hitting a paved road.
   Along with another club, Iron in the Pines, I intend to have our club
work closely with the park rangers to take care of the Pines, and to
help prosecute the violators who violate off limit areas.

_____Dan Nees_____
cookiedan@domain.elided
Keep Scoutin' and I'll be Travelalling along!
3 Scout II's and still counting!