Re: Hydraulic or Mechanical clutch - Which would you chose?

In a message dated 2/16/99, 1:47:11 PM, "Eppinger.Michael" wrote:

> IH all,
> I would like to get some feedback from you all, as far as the pro's and
> con's of each.  The mechanical clutch is adjustible, where the hydraulic
> one, is not . . . correct?  Would a hydraulic clutch enable you to use a
> larger clutch plate and pressure plate, if the flywheel would accept it?>>

Epp:
From my experience with hydraulic clutches, I would say the down side is the
cylinders and potential leaks. Of course, most digesters I've heard from say
that once they rebuilt/replaced the cylinders they had no further problems. I
hope this will hold true for me as well.

Roy Ireland
'65 Scout 80
Hydraulic clutch from Hell
Tucson, AZ