plugwires/timing

Digesters-
    I thought I sent this question already, but I couldnt find my post on the digest,
so i guess
It got lost in computer land. Forgive me if this is a re-post I just re-built my
engine, and
am trying to start it. however I took off all theplug wires and am not sure
how to get them all back on the right way. Can sombody tell me how to do all
this and then how to time it the right way? The timing on #8 thing is confusing me.
I am also converting my gold box to points per John's instructiuons
on the binder bulletin website. Thanks John. TIA.
    -Grant 76 Scout 345