wiring needs to start your scout

Chad,
I recently bought a 304 for my Scout, I made sure it ran before I dropped it in, I ran on the bare floor of the garage.  You are one up on that situation, you've got it mounted in the frame.
You need to get fuel perhaps from a 5 gallon jug with a rubber line to the fuel pump.  For wiring, you need 12v to the (+) coil post and the starter.  Then you need to get 12v volts to the solenoid to start it.  You can do this by shorting from the pos batt cable on the starter to the solenoid or get fancy and rig up a switch from pos batt to the solenoid.
  That should do it.
Good luck
---
Layda,